1846-1957: 111 years of Loretto
After Philippine Duchesne left the historic church of St. Ferdinand, the Sisters of Loretto arrived and taught at this school for more than 100 years.
1847: Sisters of Loretto arrive at St. Ferdinand and reopen the day school boarding school for girls
1878: Narrow Gauge Railroad opened, connecting St. Louis to Florissant in one hour, which was much more
convenient for city students
1880: Church remodeled in Italian Romanesque Revival, as it is seen today
1882: New Loretto academy building was finished for a boarding school and to house the faculty nuns
1888: School house building completed for the parish day school
1919: Loretto academy building was destroyed by fire, 50 students and 75 faculty and infirmed nuns got out safely. After this fire, the Florissant Valley Fire Protection District was established.
1957: St. Ferdinand school and parish were relocated to Charbonier to accommodate the growing population